19 October, 2020

Why I love spooky scary things

If you know me at all you know this is my favorite time of year i love the change in leaves and watching spooky movies, even reading spooky books. love Halloween and all the history behind it fall is my "jam", but you would know why or you might have a clue to it but not really know for sure. This time of the year even though everything " dying" i love it the change of color the colder weather I just thrive in this time and it because you don't have to be with someone or relay on anymore else and it one of the few time where it a holiday and lack of money doesn't take the magic of the time away. no matter how hard times are for me or my family I can't get hot cocoa, put on a spooky or Halloween-themed movie, a cozy blanket, snack and I'm good. and I know is only my family and there are a lot of people who have it worst then me out there in the world but I grew up poor and my father drank and used is money on drug and what he wanted not caring for me or the rest of his family. My grandma had to pay bills and support the whole family making less than my dad did. so Christmas always felt depressing and birthdays were big in our she and the other ones just didn't catch my eye whereas Halloween and the magic of it grab my heart we could afford to watch cable and I would watch of the Halloween specials on tv and then my grandma would scrap enough for a cheap costume for me to go trick or treat and now as an adult, I can afford to watch the movies I love so much and have an area to watch a horror movie over youtube and to pick up the spooky book over that fantasy book. I also love strange things don't like pink and rainbow i love the darker side of things. I love gothic style of this and the macabre sides of things so it speaks to me. this is my reason for loving this time of year 

No comments:

Post a Comment