Now 2000-2006
This is when I really started gaining my own taste in things I started watching Disney channel and what is now call the CW And I was a die-hard fan of my shows like I would keep track of when next episodes came or with Disney channel original movies I knew what it was air and I would keep track and I had to watch it that day. during this time I also started breaking away from country music because of my father, a cousin, and girl scouts as well as school. in 2000 I got my first game system the Nintendo 64, I can't remember if Banjo or Mario was my first game, but I do remember my intro to Zelda back in the day toy r us sometimes would send out VHS tapes with game promos and we got one and Majora mask was one it and I just had to show my grandma and I begged her to get it for me little did i know my grandma was end up loving the game as well along with donkey kong 64 we fell in love with those type of games and my gaming life started I still wouldn't read during this period it wasn't until the end of 2005 before I really started reading for my own pleasure and not just for school I was the type where I would start a book and get halfway through and not finish the book like the first book I remember reading not for school because we had silent reading time in school was campjelly jam which yes is a goosebump book. I also remember getting yell at my aunt to go to bed because I was staying up reading it one night because I wanted to know the ending. Now i don't count this book as the starting point of my book love that goes to because of winn-dixie that drew me in for the start and i would read whenever i could. Then came the first narina movie and i had to go get the book it was based on it blew my young mind. during this time perioded, I went from watching Lizzie McGuire to watching One Tree Hill My movie Taste went from Finding Nemo To Final destination my love for horror movies started and for teen drama as well. In 2006 i movies from Florida to Ohio and as my old shows went away i grew up to watch other things that were my taste for 2000-2006 from age 7-14.
Moving on to 2006-2012
As a lot of my shows ended on Disney channel i kind of step away and focus more on the CW and would watch everything they had I also during this time started to watch MTV and vh1 and the shows they had on there. my movie preference was the same as are today I'll watch anything that looks good to me. I slow down as a "hardcore" gamer and during this time i found the sims 2 then it was sims 3 came out and i was over the moon about it, but my love of reading grew as well twilight, house of night, Ellen Hopkins books along with Laurie halse Anderson books were my life. i read a lot of young adult books, but my reading was slow and i took my time with books. During this time my music taste grew a lot with having a computer I could listen to music on youtube and find new artists and types of music this is the period i got into Linkin Park, evanescence, pink, and a whole lot more. I went from this little old country loving girl to someone who loves all kind of music. that I threw the ages of 14-20
now 2012- until now
my taste is stilling growing, but i do fall back on old fave definitely in music and video games while i have found a few new fave calls of duty(video games) and Alain Ant Farm (band) i just don't feel like the newer music speaks to me and a lot of new games is about shooting people and i just want to have fun. movies are the same as it was then but a lot more horror movies tv i don't watch much but when i do it normal MTV or VH1 or something I've picked up on DVD/ Blu-ray so it not the most current show or season of a show. Now i went from the child who disliked reading to young women who will go off on you if you start talking to her while she has a book in her hands. i gave changed a lot over the year a grew as a person as well as a reader and whatever tag you want to throw on me.
with that said this is my life in books, movies, tv, music, and games hope this brings up some good memories for you and happy reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment