05 October, 2020

my Intro in to horror

 Now you would think I'm lying when I say when I was little I was allowed to watch twister and nightmare before Christmas, but it true I was sensitive to those movies nightmare before Christmas or anything spooky would give me nightmares and twister well the very start the scene with the little girl and the dog I couldn't get pass the dog being left in the house. ( the father dieing never bothered me like my family thinks) The fact that they were leaving the dog broke my little heart I would start screaming the dog names and crying my little eyes out. it didn't matter that my aunt was yelling at me that the dog going to be fine nope it didn't matter in my mind that the dog was dead. It started slow a horror movie here a spooky theme tv show there and then i turn 13 and i had dropped out of school ( i would later go back to school ) I was bored and come on there nothing for kids to watch at like 1 a.m in the morning but horror movies as one and one particular were on a movie making fun of horror movies scary movie 3 I watch it over and over i wasn't scared now i did watch it so much it gave me nightmare but i just stop watching that movie it got to the point where i was asking my grandma if i could get this one or that one then final destination 1 was on tv and i watch that one every time it was on tv then i finally got it and the second one for Christmas one year and i kept watch them both I had fallen down the rabbit hole that is the world of horror. after that year i watch whatever horror i ould fine on tv and had finally talked my grandma into getting a Netflix DVD rental yes before it was just streaming they would send movies in the mail to you and you could watch and send back whenever I was in charge of the movies and would always go through and add what my grandma wanted and then have it set up since we got two movies that one was for her and one was for me to watch. I was in love my brain finally got that those movies weren't real but the idea behind the stories the monster tale that drew me in and i love the story where it wasn't a happy ever after and it felt real. my frist horror movie in theaters was Disturbia and i went by my self i was 14 years old but i sat in that theater by my self for a while i would stay away from horror based on true events until haunting in Connecticut ( conversely aside ) this open up other movies to me. I enjoy horror so much i had made my husband on our frist date go see Annabelle now in my defense it had never told me that he didn't like horror until after the movie. This would change a bit he doesn't love horror until it a dark comedy Freddy his fave out of the top three 9 yes i made him watch all the movies of Freddy, Jason, and Halloween) over time i have grown my own collection of movies i don't have everything that i want yet but I'm working on it. Horror feeds my love of the unknown and the supernatural and i feel at home curl up on my couch with a cozy blanket and a horror movie playing rather it a new one or an old but goodie. keep it spooky and tell me the comment what was your frist horror movie  

No comments:

Post a Comment